GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: It is possible to take an online Defensive Driving course and participate in good ole fashioned GM talk. I am currently taking an online DD course in order to properly adjudicate a minor speeding incident that happened a couple of months ago. It is incredibly slow and boring. But fortunately I can come here and chat while listening to it!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
FYI: It is possible to take an online Defensive Driving course and participate in good ole fashioned GM talk. I am currently taking an online DD course in order to properly adjudicate a minor speeding incident that happened a couple of months ago. It is incredibly slow and boring. But fortunately I can come here and chat while listening to it!
Good luck with the boredom...err I mean the course. I took one of those at the local community college. It was boring, and the videos were horrible. Bad acting, fake blood that rivaled "kill bill"
Actually now that I think of it, I wonder if those "blood on the highway" movies for that DD course were originally done by Tarantino.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no Jay, say it ain't so! You speeding! I'm shocked :tongue:. What were you on the Honda?

To date I have never sped...I mean got caught on the bike!:biggrin: (I also should note that I have never run from a cop either, thats not cool and I am a little smarter than that) But I have never gotten a ticket on the bike despite the fact that I have seen the Digital Spedo read 160 mph(It is a good thing my wife doesn't come to this site!) Anyway it was actually in old faithful, the 99 Yukon. You will note in a different post on tire size that my spedo is off 6.2%. I did not calculate that in while I was passing a car and I was (as I was reading) only doing 8 over the limit. The officer was not sympathetic unfortunately. And on another note the Videos are Awfull!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
To date I have never sped...I mean got caught on the bike!:biggrin: (I also should note that I have never run from a cop either, thats not cool and I am a little smarter than that) But I have never gotten a ticket on the bike despite the fact that I have seen the Digital Spedo read 160 mph(It is a good thing my wife doesn't come to this site!) Anyway it was actually in old faithful, the 99 Yukon. You will note in a different post on tire size that my spedo is off 6.2%. I did not calculate that in while I was passing a car and I was (as I was reading) only doing 8 over the limit. The officer was not sympathetic unfortunately. And on another note the Videos are Awfull!
I was just teasin' ya sorry, I shouldn't tease about stuff like that. Are you takin' about a program where you can take the course instead of paying for tix? They've done that in the past here but its not all the time. Most of the time you just have to pay.

Feeling your pain in CANADA

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I'm doing online defensive driving right now! YOU CAN'T JUMP AHEAD AND JUST TAKE THE TEST! :grrrrrr:

At least this program has audio that goes along with the text, so I don't have to read it. I can do some web development, upkeep on the website, post some other stuff ... maybe take the laptop to the garage and clean out the Trailblazer while it's playing.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
There may or may not be a way to fast forward these courses online for defensive driving! ;-)

PM me if you're interested.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
hehehe.

I may or may not have finished it in an hour with a little trick. :rofl:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Texas mandates a 6 hour class. In person it's easy, you can go to one of these comedy clubs where they do comedy/defensive driving at like 10 am and they run until 4 pm when they give you a certificate after passing the little test they give you.

Online, there is a count-down timer that is running on the page that prevents you from clicking next before the allotted time is up. So if you read it in 10 seconds, tough... you still have to wait until the timer clicks down from 60 seconds or whatever.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Well, of course I spent 6 hours on it. Otherwise, it's a secret until I hear from the court that my ticket was dismissed. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm doing online defensive driving right now! YOU CAN'T JUMP AHEAD AND JUST TAKE THE TEST! :grrrrrr:

At least this program has audio that goes along with the text, so I don't have to read it. I can do some web development, upkeep on the website, post some other stuff ... maybe take the laptop to the garage and clean out the Trailblazer while it's playing.
I didnt know you could take defensive driving online. Can ya send me a link cause I need to take it for the firehouse and my girl needs it cause of a ticket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didnt know you could take defensive driving online. Can ya send me a link cause I need to take it for the firehouse and my girl needs it cause of a ticket.
Taking a course on Defensive Driving has now become so much more convenient and accessible. You will spend a total of at least six hours to complete the course. It allows those who need to take a defensive course to take the course anywhere where there is access to a computer and the internet. Aside from the savings in time and money, online defensive driving courses also offer much flexibility.When taking online defensive driving courses, check with appropriate state authorities which institutions are eligible to offer online driving courses. You need to know if the defensive driving course you plan to take is duly accredited by your state. Make a thorough background check on the organization; compare course outlines; and analyze the cost benefits that organizations offer. Be wary of flashy advertising and promotions.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Texas mandates a 6 hour class. In person it's easy, you can go to one of these comedy clubs where they do comedy/defensive driving at like 10 am and they run until 4 pm when they give you a certificate after passing the little test they give you.

Online, there is a count-down timer that is running on the page that prevents you from clicking next before the allotted time is up. So if you read it in 10 seconds, tough... you still have to wait until the timer clicks down from 60 seconds or whatever.
That sounds like a GREAT thing to me. I wasn't bright enough to figure that out when I took Defensive Driving online. I had to sit there and constantly wait for that timer to finish. That timer was more frustrating than the class itself. To make matters worse, I took the course to dismiss a seat belt ticket which (I found out later) doesn't go on your driving record anyway! So, I ended up paying more for court costs and defensive driving than the original ticket. Sad day...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts