GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone ever had any work done...relating to this.i have3 a spot on my front passenger door that i really would love to get fixed. they quoted me $75.00. but my question is , will you notice any imperfections afterwards, is it worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
A friend of mine had some hail damage repaired that way on his 96 ext. cab chevy a few years back. Once it was done you couldn't tell it had ever been dented. If there are deep scratches along with the dent, then that will be a different story.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I also had hail damage repaired this way and was very happy with it, like everything else though it kinda depends on the skill of the guy doing the work. I would get some referrals and check them out and then go for it.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I knew someone who did this for a living, they had a ton of satisfied customers, including car lots that the customer never knows that a ding was fixed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't you mean paintless dent repair? Just kidding with ya! $75.00 is pretty much the starting rate for this stuff. PDR guys will usually fix up to 6 or 8 dents in a door for that price, provided they're not too big, of course. I would definately ask for references though. Maybe go to one of your local dealer's used car departments and ask who they use. Around here, the big names are Dent Wizard and Dent Magic, but I've gotten the best service, and most satisfaction with a company called Precision Dent Repair. Sometimes you're better off going with the smaller independent guys. Also, ask for their warranty. Even though they shouldn't go through the paint on the outside of the panel, there is still a protective primer/paint inside the door that will be damaged when they push the dent out. Just ask them what they do to protect the inside of the panel from rust when they're done.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hey, good point. I guess the human mind just reads over stuff without thinking. :)

Paintless dent repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.