GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you are suppose to add posi lube to the front or rear diffs on a 93 k2500 burban?

The reason i ask is, This past weekend got some snow. Was driveing in 4x4 high and when u turn it seemed to push you through the turn like both front wheels were locked in togeather.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
That is normal when you are in 4wd. It is the reason they tell you not to drive on dry pavement with it in 4wd. The tires are trying to spin at the same rate front and rear, but can't because you are turning.

·
1,536 Posts
The "posi lube" (friction modifier) is only needed for clutch type limited slips. Your '93 would have a G80 Eaton Gov-lock locker (if it has anything from the factory), which doesn't need any friction modifier added to the gear lube. Of course, if you have some kind of aftermarket traction aid in there, then it would depend on what you've put in there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the answers. it is all stock so i guess i will jsut have to deal with it or blow it up.

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
I had put some posi conditioner stuff in my non-posi diff. It claimed to quiet the gears, so I thought, what the hell.. Doesn't seem to have done damamge to the differential, so I'm not complaining. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts