GM Truck Club Forum banner

Discount Tire Mansfield Texas - first DTC fail

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ahmitchell1 
#1 ·
I've been going to Discount Tire for years, but I guess they're franchising differently now? Not sure. I took a tire and wheel in to be mounted on Saturday around 1 or 2 ... the guy said he was going to call me when it was done. Well, I waited and waited ... it turned about 4:45 and I called up there an no answer. They closed at 5:00. Guess a 45 minute repair got pushed back so I'll hopefully get it on Monday AM. Just wish he would have called ... kinda need that tire.

#2 ·
It never siezes to amaze me the things business owners do or do not do while conducting their business. I walk in businesses all the time and find myself thinking about what would make this business better, what the current business owner is doing that either helps or hinders his business. I find that almost 50% of businesses have an attention to detail problem. Or the business owner has no idea what customers really want or are looking for. In this situation every customer that walks in the door deserves straight answers. If you can get the tire done that day say so. If something comes up then call the customer. They are what makes the business. If you pee in one mans cheerios you pee in 5 more. Word of mouth goes along way. I once heard a business owner that bought a tool rental business ask my boss after having the business for 2 years if he thought he should do an inventory and how to go about it. HUHH?? Are you kidding me. How did this guy convince a bank to give him money if he had no idea on inventory? Must be he bought it outright but geez. Sorry for the rant but times are too hard for poor business decisions like this. And its as simple as making a phone call.

#3 ·
when I was looking at new tires I went there first (local office) and I was so turned off by the "sweat shop" you are in and out so fast wonder if they really checked everything that I will never go to them again. I am sure their employee's are happy because they get barked at by the shift manager that they are working to slow and they can't take their time with customers and have a line out the door.

#4 ·
It could be that discount tire has changed how thy operate, i don't know ... just speculating.

I called them today and they had to hunt to find it. One was on a bent rim and they didn't return that to me. I could have got $5 for scrap for that but don't wasn't to ness with it ... just lack of attention to detail ... dead on.

#5 ·
Im pretty sure your right Steve my buddy just left discount tire and moved to a private shop I know they switched to crappy oil products

#6 ·
I know this response is really late, but yes i can tell you we are constantly yelled at to work faster and faster and obviously as you can expect quality can suffer if you want the people out faster too.

its like we're never fast enough for our manager... even when only one car is in the shop

#7 ·
I know this response is really late, but yes i can tell you we are constantly yelled at to work faster and faster and obviously as you can expect quality can suffer if you want the people out faster too.

its like we're never fast enough for our manager... even when only one car is in the shop
i have friends who started in tire shops and anytime one of them got in a shop like that they left ASAPASAP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.