GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this movie for Christmas (for my son) and we have really enjoyed it a lot! Very good movie. Anyone else seen it?

Couple of questions:

1) The character Lightning McQueen is what type of car? He looks like a corvette, but I'm not certain. Anyone know?
2) The setting of Carburator Springs appears to be in Arizona, but could it be in NM or some other state? It's got to be the Grand Canyon I think.
3) I've done a little driving on Route 66, anyone driven the whole thing?

Here's a good site on the Route 66: http://www.historic66.com/

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
RE: Disney

I've seen the movie a couple times now. Cute movie. Definitely will own it on DVD. Not sure what McQueen is. Probably gives you the feeling of an older corvette, because of his new paint job while in radiator springs.

As far as route 66, I was only on it as a child, and I only remember counting mile markers. My Dad said I drove him nuts after about the 10th mile. lol

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
RE: Disney

Don't know if this will help, but when ever I have a question about a movie I go here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317219/

IMDB is a great place to find info on any movie.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If you will notice, when they show the valley from above, all of the rocks, hills and mountains are cars or parts.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of little extras in there. When they cars are "warming up" during the Piston Cup race, they spell out "Piston Cup".

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From Wikipedia:

"Unlike the other characters, Lightning is no car in particular. He does, however, have characteristic of a variety of sports cars. His headlights are just stickers and he has many sponsor decals on his sides, both similarities to NASCAR cars. Pixar was shown a Corvette by GM, which influenced his design. His overall profile was inspired by the Ford GT40. His tail resembles that of a Dodge Viper, while the tail lenses and roof are consistent with a Ford Mustang. The full size tour car is based on a 3rd Generation Chevrolet Corvette. His custom two-tone paint and tires are from a 1st Generation Chevrolet Corvette. Overall, his appearance is a hybrid between a stock car and various other sports cars, but tilted slightly towards the stock car style. He can be considered an overall generic race car. Also, due to the resemblence of the twins Mia and Tia (when they painted themselves in his colors), he has somewhat of a Mazda-inspired design, since the girls are Miata's, the only Mazda car to resemble a Miata was the RX-7, particularly the Savannah model."

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the front end and spoiler make it look like a viper, but the paint scheme definately make it look like a candy apple red vette.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Directed by John Lasseter (Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2), the film is set in a world populated entirely by anthropomorphized cars and other vehicles, and features the voices of Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, Paul Newman, Cheech Marin, Tony Shalhoub, John Ratzenberger, George Carlin, and Larry the Cable Guy. Many of the voices of the racecars are real race car drivers. They include Richard Petty, Darrell Waltrip, Mario Andretti, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Michael Schumacher. The film was rated G by the MPAA.

·
1,532 Posts
It is a pretty good movie. I think the twins watch it just about every day.

I was listening closely today. During the opening song, just as Lightning is coming out of the trailer the first time, don't the lyrics say something like, "born in the USA, made by Chevrolet"? I think there's a reference to Cheverolet right there, anyway.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lyrics to Sheryl Crow Real Gone

I'm American made but I like Chevrolet
My momma taught me wrong from right.

I was born in the South
Sometimes I have a big mouth
When I see something that I don't like
I gotta say it.

Well, we've been driving this road for a mighty long time
Paying no mind to the signs
Well, this neighborhood's changed
It's all been rearranged
We left that team somewhere behind.

Slow down, you're gonna crash,
Baby you're a-screaming it's a blast, blast, blast
Look out babe, you've got your blinders on
Everybody's looking for a way to get real gone
Real gone.
Real gone.

But there's a new cat in town
He's got high-faded friends
Thinks he's gonna change history

You think you know him so well
Yeah you think he's so swell
But it's just a front you wait and see

Look out, you've got your blinders on
[ these lyrics found on http://www.completealbumlyrics.com ]

Everybody's looking for a way
To get real gone
Real gone.
Real gone.
Real gone.
Uhh.

Well you can say what you want
But you can't say it 'round here
'Cause they'll catch you and give you a whippin'

Well, I believe I was right when I said you were wrong
You didn't like the sound of that
Now, did ya?

Look out, you've got your blinders on

Well here I come and I'm so not scared,
Got my pedal to the metal, got my hands in the air
Look out, you take your blinders off
Real gone.
Real gone.
Ooh.
Real gone.
Real gone.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If you ask me, it's kind of a dig. Why wouldn't you like Chevrolet since you're American made? Almost seems to be implying that you shouldn't like Chevrolet. Maybe I'm getting the wrong message here.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I though the lyrics said, "I'm american made, but not by Chevrolet." Maybe the folks that typed that up got it wrong

1 - 17 of 17 Posts