GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Silverado and am tired of the rear wheel well's looking like crap...

I've seen at the local auto parts store that they sell a Do-It-Yourself bedliner kit (Can't remember the brand, Want to say it's Rhino-Liner or Line-X or something like that). Has anyone used this as a wheel well liner instead of a bedliner? Think it would work?

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Why not buy GM wheel house liners, cost around $100, instals in 15 mins, doent leave a mess or require prep or clean up, looks good, cleans with a brush and hose and soapy water, quiets road noise from debris flying into the rear wheel wells, and wont chip/peel like liner.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I just got the rear wheel well liners installed. Cleaned up the open look real nice.
Brian from Canada

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I prefer bed liner instead of the factory wheel well liners for a few reasons. The biggest one is that the plastic liners gives another place for water and other debris to sit and rust out the wheel wells.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have the plastic wheel liners... they fit tight and close up much of the gaps behind and in front of the wheels. A key benefit is it protects the factory paint in the wheel wells from chipping giving a path for rust to start. As an additional layer of protection... I coated my wheel well with undercoating be I installed them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A friend of mine used spray can liner from autozone and held up really good. Just scrub and degrease the area before applying the liner to obtain the best result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts