GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new car for quite a while, and one thing a lot of people have been telling me is that you should buy from America for a cheap price and have it shipped to Canada for a grand. I've heard that cars over there (for old and used) go around nearly $2000, but are in great shape. Whereas those same cars in Canada are nearly $6000. Although it seems like a great deal, do you think it's good to ship it for a grand? What it there's a hitch and fixing needed to be done? Do I try to get insurance?

Has anybody bought cars from America and had a good run with them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A used car may be cheaper in the US.....You still have to clear customs, pay the HST and other fees.....I guess if you could save some money, it might be worth it....but a lot more hassle.

As for warranty, used car warranties aren't worth poop anyways
How much would you guess the customs would be if you tried to bring a car over? Does it depend on the price of the car? I've been looking at Kijiji and the deals are great, but all the additional fees are a HUGE turn-off. Americans have it lucky, haha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen plenty of the ads on Kijiji, albeit they might be beat up. Some of the listings are crazy compared to what's going on in my province. It's a pretty big difference in price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts