GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't own a Colorado or a Canyon. I did just buy an onyx black 06 isuzu i-280 whitch is essentially a rebadged colorado ext cab 2wd. It's kinda like what they did with the hombre rebadging the s-10. The only diferences I have found is badging, grill, wheel center caps, and steering wheel cover.

I really wanted a colorado but I couldnt even find one ext cab and with the incentives the i-280 was a really GOOD deal. I'm not particularly fond of the grill on it or the name. Sounds like the name of a cell phone or something.

If you all haven't seen them yet you can find them at www.isuzu.com the grill is a lil flashy but other than that they pretty much look the same. They also have a reworked version of the Trailblazer called an Ascender.

Anyhow I really like the truck its a real step up from the beater ranger I had before. Any thoughts? Later

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's an Isuzu badged, GMC optioned truck. Isuzu did the design work on the truck for GM. Isuzu builds their own version in Aisa, but it is diesel powered there. Parking brake is different as well. It is a lever rather then the pedal.

The Isuzu also has different front and rear sheet metal with rounded wheel wells. It is a much better looking truck.

The old Hombre was an S10 with Brazilian GMC sheet metal and an Isuzu badge. All Isuzu did with that one was sell it in the USA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you are looking to get a paintable grill I have one laying around in yellow, you could have it painted and then you got a colorado :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you are looking to get a paintable grill I have one laying around in yellow, you could have it painted and then you got a colorado
I was curious where you got the paintable grill. I've been looking for one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts