GM Truck Club Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
That thing in the pics was/is the culprit! Worked fine for almost a month then while camping, CLICK CLICK! So since I can't find a local parts place that has any idea what that thing is called, I am changing it out with the one from the parts truck... just as soon as I get it back from the tranny shop that is rebuilding the tranny that quit on me 400 miles from home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread.. but I have been battling with a similar problem for a LONG time. My power door locks lock/unlock randomly, but also the back window will pop open. Fortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere so I just pulled the fuse and leave the doors unlocked. Oddly, I can still use the dash button to pop the back window.
Were you saying that the relay was ultimately the problem? The only thing I can think for mine is the remote receiver, but I have had the whole dash apart and unplug everything I could find... still, the locks/back window freak out any time the fuse is in. I have the history of this truck from the day it left the dealership... and it was fine until maybe 2 years ago when we had a big storm and a tree fell on it - went across the roof from the drivers' door to the passenger door, breaking the windshield and I am sure things inside got wet. Before it got fixed, it stopped running and I sent the computer out to have the passkey disabled. This is an early 1999 (1998 style) K2500 Suburban, fully loaded with 138k miles. Everything works great except the power locks and I really want to install a remote starter, but gotta figure out this lock thing first. I have both remotes and have removed the batteries from both. Tried disconnecting the drivers' side power lock switch and all that did was make the drivers' side lock not freak out. Probably been near a year since I worked on this because I thought I exhausted all possibilities.
Anyone have a thought for the PDL and back window popper?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts