GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the door speaker on both doors. Does the entire Door pannel have to come off or just the part that covers the speaker? Also does the door handle assembly have to come out if the entire pannel has to come off? Any steps in doing this would be much aprecated.

Thanks for your time and help all!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just did this a while ago on my 95 K1500, so it should be the same. Yes, the whole door panel has to come off and in order to to that your going to unscrew the screws in the handle that are visible, then you have to pop out the bezel around the latch to open the door from the inside, and then remove the panel with the locks and window buttons on it and unplug all of those wires. Then, there are plastic clips that hold the whole panel on around the edge of it and they have to be carefully pry'd out with a thin screwdriver or putty knife wrapped in a rag. After you get the panel unclipped it lifted up and out. You will be able to see the speakers and unscrew them and replace them. When i did it i found a very helpful video on youtube, so i would just search chevy door removal and you will find what you need! Hope i could help, goodluck man!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I got it done, had a little trouble getting all the clips out that hold the pannel on. But now I can actraly enjoy the music thats on.

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts