GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody change tail gate and door handles on a 2007 silverado classic(same as an '06)? How nasty of a job is it? any special tools required? Bought painted bezels wih chrome handles and would like to know what i'm gettin into before I start.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I heard it's a headache! :grrrrrr:I ended taking mine to a Chevy dealer, took them @ 1hr to install and @ $100.

I know I could've followed the instructions but got lazy. lol!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced the handles on my 06 Crew Cab after the first one it's a piece of cake. No real special tools required. Terry

·
Registered
123 Posts
no its not that hard pull the door panel and then its like three nuts and just turn or pop off the plastic piece that covers over the rod and the door handle and in the back its just two rods connected to the handle with plastic clips the outside bezel pops off i think its easier to take the three bolts off the cover panel inside the tailgate i dont remember because mine is shaved and flipped so its backwards. if your not sure go to the auto store and buy one of the chilton or haynes manuals it should explain it there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After wussing over it for a few weeks i just sucked it up and took a shot. Not hard at all,first door took me about 45 min. ,2nd door about 15 min. tailgate 5 or ten min. and those dogass ugly black handles are gone! Also painted the black seam covers on the cab roof,looks much better.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
got any pics of it before and after?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.