GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this Silverado. I would like to go all out with this thing and dont really know all thats out there, as far as well built, reliable, and most importantly functional replacement parts. I'm not talking 32 inches of lift on 52 inch swampers or anything ridiculous like that, but a well rounded, do anything, overbuilt truck.
Ideal situation would be plenty of power(duh!!!), strong running gear, above average payload capabilities(its a 1500 so I'm not talking tractor pull payloads or anything:), and most important, in my book anyway, is Off road capabilities and of course looks! I was just wondering what you guys with more experience in all things Silverado would do, given the chance.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
So I have this Silverado. I would like to go all out with this thing and dont really know all thats out there, as far as well built, reliable, and most importantly functional replacement parts. I'm not talking 32 inches of lift on 52 inch swampers or anything ridiculous like that, but a well rounded, do anything, overbuilt truck.
Ideal situation would be plenty of power(duh!!!), strong running gear, above average payload capabilities(its a 1500 so I'm not talking tractor pull payloads or anything:), and most important, in my book anyway, is Off road capabilities and of course looks! I was just wondering what you guys with more experience in all things Silverado would do, given the chance.

Whoo, that's a wide-open question you got there. ;-) Are you looking to do this like one piece at a time over the long haul? What type of budget too?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We'll I'll bite. If I had your truck with a decent size budget. I'd get a nice 6" suspension up front with 4" blocks and aal's in the rear to help out with the payload. Some 35" BFG AT tires to get me through most terrain. I'd go Brushguard or Bull Bar in the front with Mounted winch and a couple lights. Rear One piece steel bumper. Rhino/Linexed Bedliner. Interior I'd go with some great all season mats Front and Rear. Under the hood I'd get some extra power with some pacesetter long tube headers and Edge programmer all flowing through a nice magnaflow system....Well that was fun :glasses:

·
Registered
533 Posts
We'll I'll bite. If I had your truck with a decent size budget. I'd get a nice 6" suspension up front with 4" blocks and aal's in the rear to help out with the payload. Some 35" BFG AT tires to get me through most terrain. I'd go Brushguard or Bull Bar in the front with Mounted winch and a couple lights. Rear One piece steel bumper. Rhino/Linexed Bedliner. Interior I'd go with some great all season mats Front and Rear. Under the hood I'd get some extra power with some pacesetter long tube headers and Edge programmer all flowing through a nice magnaflow system....Well that was fun :glasses:

Hook ...line..an sinker :great:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas. That sounds like a solid truck. Do you guys like the BFG A/T? I'm getting ready for some new tires and I am still up in the air...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts