GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Silverado has an electrical problem. The drivers side power seat appears to have no power. The passenger seat is working fine. The heated seats for both driver and passenger are not working. I have previously replaced the heat element in the drivers seat so I am familiar with that problem. I attempted to see if there is a loose wire and did not find one. My next thought was to take our drivers seat and make sure all cables are firmly seated. I cannot move seat back and forth so taking our seat is not possible. My next attempt will be to disconnect negative cable to battery and see if something resets. I tried to see if a fuse was to blame but could not find a fuse for drivers seat. Any thoughts since I cannot remove my seat?

·
Registered
16,412 Posts
The power would be provided through a circuit breaker in the instrument panel fuse panel. This cb powers both seats, so it must be ok.
I would look for an open connection/broken wire under the seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The power would be provided through a circuit breaker in the instrument panel fuse panel. This cb powers both seats, so it must be ok.
I would look for an open connection/broken wire under the seat.
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked under seat but nothing was obvious. I would like to tip the seat up but the seat will not slide forward to access back bolts. Is there a trick to getting the bolts out when the seat does not move forward/back?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts