GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you have a "Fly by wire" throttle??? If so check the pedal (not real familiar with them BUT) circuit for flat spots and opens (linear rheostat?!?!) like you would on an older TPS. Also check the throttle valve unit for binding, opens, flat spots.

One other thing is have the dealer check the PCM, and BCM for control faults for the throttle and transmissions. Remember some codes do not trip the CEL light.

Larry

·
Registered
27 Posts
the other thing with the tranny is, when it goes into limp home mode, 1st is locked out (or slips like all get out.) it will go into 2nd and work in 2nd normally. Try manual 2. If it slips in man 1 but moves in 2nd then I'd say you have a problem in the electronics inside the trans. 1-2,2-3 solenoids come to mind. They are a not so uncommon problem with the 4L60E and in some cases the 4L80E. They are relatively cheap ($18-25ea vs 2400 for tranny) and easy to install.

If you do open it up, it would be a good time for a drain, change filter, and fill. I drain mine thru the coolant line and add 4-8 quarts and flush it out. When it's empty the remaining fluid should be predominately new. Change the filter, install new solenoids, and put new 2nd and 4th servo's (corvette 2nd and billet 4th). They'll improve holding power in 2nd and 4th, improve shift quality in all gears.

I've got a copy of the factory 4L60E manual in pdf form. If you want a copy e-mail me at lderouin at comcast DOT com. (substitute @ for @ and . for DOT)

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.