GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DSL went down for the past 24 hours. :mad: They said that a card went out in the switch at the local HQ and they had 3600 people w/o DSL since yesterday.

Oh well, that's technology.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Demand a day's worth of free service on your next bill.:tongue:
That's about $2.50 at the most. Usually if you complain they give you several days free service credit. $10 would be worth my time to complain.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
My DSL went down for the past 24 hours. :mad: They said that a card went out in the switch at the local HQ and they had 3600 people w/o DSL since yesterday.

Oh well, that's technology.
uh see you should be on cable...that wouldn't have happened. :)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cable costs more $$. At least it did a year ago.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I pay $39.95 for cable 3mbps. They just wired my neighborhood for fiber and Verizon wants $29.95 for 15mbps! Thinking about making the jump since I get my TV from Dish anyway.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I pay $39.95 for cable 3mbps. They just wired my neighborhood for fiber and Verizon wants $29.95 for 15mbps! Thinking about making the jump since I get my TV from Dish anyway.
Wow! 30 bucks for fibre, 15meg. ah ya where do I sign. We are going to be testing 15 mbps this year sometime on cable. You'll need a neck brace to surf the internet.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we're on with 1.5mb DSL and unlimited LD phone for about $70 total for both. I'd make the move if I could save any $$.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Well, we're on with 1.5mb DSL and unlimited LD phone for about $70 total for both. I'd make the move if I could save any $$.
Doesn't Cox serve your area?
We've got them and we have 7mb, unlimited LD and toll calls, plus the digital cable, and they've got us for a little over $100/mo.

We originally had DSL, and at the time, it was 745kb. It was a joke, but it was a good alternative to dial-up.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

I have nearly the same deal as you have Steve. I just recently upgraded to what they call "Extreme DSL" with a whopping 3.0mbs:eek::tongue:

But it costs the same and with the bundle including LD and all other phone services it seems like a fair deal. I live in a rural area that does not have Cable yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts