GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there a dual tank option for the Suburban? I'm considering adding fuel capacity and was just wondering if I'm going to have to custom make a tank or buy one off the shelf.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My 93 already has a 42 gallon tank, you must be a glutton for punishment at the pumps... ;)

There is plenty of room under there, but it will probably need to be custom unless you can make a side mount tank work.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
haha yeah my 95 has the 42 also. I hate filling up that tank I would never want another tank!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If someone ever comes here posting that they want to add a 3rd fuel tank, then we'll know for sure that they're a true 'burbanoholic

·
Registered
561 Posts
42? i though the specs said 44 gallon. anything can be done toss the spare in the back if not done and get a full size ford add in tank or chevy tank. you want to fill the one in my motorhome? it is only 180 gallons. The 502 only takes premum as well i just filled it over the weekend $549.40 plus the # for the soda and burger waiting for it to fill......mike

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
mike, the pump didn't stop at like $120? I thought gas pumps usually had a cutoff where you had to start from scratch when you hit a certain dollar amount. Or at least the attendant getting scared you might drive-off with that much fuel...holy sh*t

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If I was the attendant, I'd be more worried you were pumping the fuel either onto the ground, or into the living compartment. Holy crud!
That's a whole lot of gas!

I have to ask.....how many miles to the tank?

·
Registered
561 Posts
alot of the pumps turn off at $99 at most costcos, $60 at Cheveron and some @$120 if i goto a truck stop i can go to the auto shut off point. ok this 502 combo gets 18 freeway and 13 in the city so i get anywhere from 2340-3040 miles to a tank. not too bad huh?....mike

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
gets better mileage than my 350 in my 2 wheel drive 2500.

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
VERY respectable mileage considering my 1991 Sub 350 gets 14/17. That's just gotta take FOREVER to fill, like 2 days LOL...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts