GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was at the store today and I saw a mid 80's dually suburban. It was pulling away as I drove up so I didn't see it that well but I am positive that it was a dually suburban. I saw it clearly.

Can any of you tell me if you could buy them from the factory back then? It was old and it looked like if they made it a dually themselves they did it a long time ago.

Sorry I don't have a pic.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
There has never been a dually suburban made at least not from 1970 to present. There are a lot of kits out there that will allow you to convert your rig to dually. I think it's becoming a more popular mod these days on the older burbs.

http://www.arrowcraft.com

I'd actually like to see someone make a dually on the new body style burb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dually Burb

There has never been a dually suburban made at least not from 1970 to present. There are a lot of kits out there that will allow you to convert your rig to dually. I think it's becoming a more popular mod these days on the older burbs.

http://www.arrowcraft.com/gallery/albums.php

I'd actually like to see someone make a dually on the new body style burb.

Ive been working on a 1993 GMC Burban.
350 HD Motor
4L90 Tranny
456 Low Geared Rear end
Headers
Comp Cam
Edelbrock Intake
Too Much to List but it was made for hauling

I had it listed for sale just to try and recoup some funds but to my surprise no Nibbles.

Heres my Pet Project in Saskatchewan Canada:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
:great:Like I said, very cool.

·
Registered
51 Posts
THey were custom built to order from an aftermarket company for a few years. Who it was that did the build ups of them I can't recall right now. The very first ones I saw were in the movie "TWISTER" Cary Elwes gruop were riding in 2 of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dually Burb

How or what did you use to mount the fenders to body

Ive been working on a 1993 GMC Burban.
350 HD Motor
4L90 Tranny
456 Low Geared Rear end
Headers
Comp Cam
Edelbrock Intake
Too Much to List but it was made for hauling

I had it listed for sale just to try and recoup some funds but to my surprise no Nibbles.

Heres my Pet Project in Saskatchewan Canada:

·
Registered
1991 Chevy Suburban
2 Posts
Here is my 1986 Dually Suburban. It started its life as a Silverado 2500. Professionally converted to 1-Ton suspension and dual wheels back in the 90s. I replaced the tired 454 with an EFI 454 about 7 years ago.
I was going to use it as a template, copying what was done, part by part to convert my 1991 Suburban to a 1 ton dually. Its never happened.I need to sell one of these in the near future.The '91is a 6.2 Detroit Diesel with a Banks Sidewinder.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts