GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just used the DupliColor spraycan undercoating on the inner fenders on my truck, it came out very nice. If anyone plans on doing any undercoating on a budget thats the way to go, it was around $4 a can + tax

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I did the entire bed of my 97 f150 and it came out great. All in all it cost about 70 bucks and held up great for over a year till I traded her in. And I was using my truck for hauling all kinds of tool and lumber. The paint works great as long as you take the time to prep rite. It took me over 10 hours just to sand and prep my bed. So if you've got a weekend its a great inexpesive alternative to rhino/linex linings. :great:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the entire bed of my 97 f150 and it came out great. All in all it cost about 70 bucks and held up great for over a year till I traded her in. And I was using my truck for hauling all kinds of tool and lumber. The paint works great as long as you take the time to prep rite. It took me over 10 hours just to sand and prep my bed. So if you've got a weekend its a great inexpesive alternative to rhino/linex linings. :great:
i was thinking about doing my bed that way too.. glad to know it works. did you use a DA sander?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just blew three cans of it under my '90 and I'll need at least three more. It doesn't seem like it's tough enough for a bed liner. I wish I'd used rubberized wheel well coating.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Excellent job, Finalday7. I wish I had your patience. :great:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts