GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what I would do without the DVD! The kids love it and it keeps the occupied while I drive. It's the best thing for me when I'm driving! I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was thinking of getting an aftermarket DVD player just to keep the passangers occupied while on trips, etc. I know that the #1 best use is to keep kids occupied!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I've been sitting at my desk for lunch most days for the last 6 weeks. Big projects and deadlines lie ahead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One small problem with aftermarket DVD players is that if you mount them in the stock radio location and they are the type that have the motorized screen, the gear shift lever gets in the way if the truck is in oark. I'm looking at getting one by JVC that has a small 3" screen on the fron of it and outputs for other screens throughout the car for a very reasonable price (about $420 on ebay) compared to $1500-$2000 for one with a 7" motorized screen. It has everything- 4 way amplifier, DVD player, tuner, Sirius radio campatibility, you can even set it up for a second zone if you want to listen to the radio while your kids watch a movie on headphobes in the back.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't know if I would ever put in an aftermarket unit myself. Just seems like it needs to be designed to fit or it don't look right.

However, the ones that hang over the rear buckets don't look too bad. Just can't see them in the front seat. Of course, don't need to watch while driving anyhow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
cheffernan said:
One small problem with aftermarket DVD players is that if you mount them in the stock radio location and they are the type that have the motorized screen, the gear shift lever gets in the way if the truck is in oark. I'm looking at getting one by JVC that has a small 3" screen on the fron of it and outputs for other screens throughout the car for a very reasonable price (about $420 on ebay) compared to $1500-$2000 for one with a 7" motorized screen. It has everything- 4 way amplifier, DVD player, tuner, Sirius radio campatibility, you can even set it up for a second zone if you want to listen to the radio while your kids watch a movie on headphobes in the back.
My Alpine IVA-D300 never got close to the gear shift with the 7" motorized screen. It was still quite far away. It only cost me $1000 also, from a car audio specialty store, has the multi-zones, and multi-screen hookup including back-up camera input and satellite radio ready.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have done several of these and they are really easy. I am putting a 10 flip down in the front of the third seat on my yukon this week, has a built in DVD player and Infrared transmitter so it will broadcast to the kids wireless headphones. Peace and quiet is a wonderful thing. I got this unit shipped for about $175 from ebay. It was a brand new Pyle audio product and works great. It even has extra outputs so I can add screens to the headrests and an input so the Nintendo Gamecube can be hooked in as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts