GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ive been researching getting the Edelbrock Mulitpoint EFI system for my 1995 5.7 TBI and others like mine with TBI. Anyone know anything about these? Good? Bad? They claim more power, better gas mileage, blah blah blah but I just wanted to know if anyone has these or know anyone that does and if they are worth it for a little over grand. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Ive been researching getting the Edelbrock Mulitpoint EFI system for my 1995 5.7 TBI and others like mine with TBI. Anyone know anything about these? Good? Bad? They claim more power, better gas mileage, blah blah blah but I just wanted to know if anyone has these or know anyone that does and if they are worth it for a little over grand. Thanks!
A guy I know did this and took him forever, changing the fuel pump, brackets, I wasn't around and don't know how mechanically inclined he is. It does run smoother and bottom end torque, throttle response is slightly better, fuel mileage about 1mpg more, most of that is probably just new injectors and pump. Hardly worth it he said. I have been looking at these for a while, seems like the edelbrock power package for our tbi's might be more bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was lookin at them too but they are like 1800 i think.... im sure the whole power package will give a lot more power considering its got heads, intake, and all that top end stuff.... i wish i could afford it they are nice

·
Registered
333 Posts
You'll probably be disappointed if you install a multi-port with OEM '95 heads. It's my understanding, the $1K+ Edlebrock was the 50-state legal multi-port for the 1987-95 TBIs. Not too long ago, if you wanted to go to vortec heads, there was no easy way to stay 50-state legal. Edlebrock was one of the few exceptions. If you were serious enough to go with the new heads, then the Edlebrock induction was was a logical extension. Now there are other options available to the 1987-95 TBI crowd.
Have you considered going to Votrec heads without the expense of the Eldebrock's or Holley's multi-port conversions to accommodate a EGR? GM Performance Parts has a TBI manifold (P/N 12496821) that fits vortec heads and accepts an EGR.
TBI manifold $340 + vortec heads $600 = $940. Of course, you can always go vortex and multi-port.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yea I've thought about it and I know its a decent option as well..... I wish I could afford to do the whole edelbrock power package at the moment with heads, intake, cam, etc. than do the multi-port as well because that gives me basically everything. we'll see what the future brings Im still in the research process at the moment. lift and 35s are coming first haha... thanks!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have talked to the Edelbrock guys at length about this one. As far as I can tell, YES!! It's on my short list of improvements!!!
Simpler way to go is their Performer TBI intake manifold. I have that and it has been a great improvement. which is why I have not yet bothered with the Multipoint Upgrade yet!!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea I heard just the performer intake will give you a good 20 horsepower..... like I said we'll se what the future brings ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Eldebrock makes several versions of the 'Performer' intake manifold. I assume you're talking about #3704, the emissions legal one for 1987-95 305 & 350s with TBI and EGR. I've heard nothing bad about this unit used alone or in conjunction with Edlebrock's heads, cam and chip. But, remember this manifold is for the pre-Vortec heads, and Edlebrock's 'Performer' heads are twice the price of GM PP Vortec heads.Yes, the 'Performer' heads are aluminum and very nice, but is the Edlebrock set up worth $500 more than the GM's Vortec EGR manifold and CI heads? It all depends on your priorities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts