GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
aaalllright...my locks on my 1999 tahoe are sticking. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It's like, if they don't unlock/lock on the fist time...might as well go and push it your self. Also, my barn door locks are working very good either. Isn't everything suppose to unlock with the keyless entry system?

What about www.gmpartsclub.com ?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
How long has this problem been occuring? How often do they seem to stick? 10%, 25%, 50% of the time?

·
Registered
42 Posts
RE: Re: RE: electric locks sticking

Probably the BODY CONTROLLER.

It's a computer. The body controller monitors all of the possible sources of an "unlock" or "lock" signal. It monitors a radio frequency and unlocks the doors when the correct code is entered. It also monitors a digital code from the transmitter in your key fob

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts

Replies as guest. Believe it or not, in this current website/message forum build that I am running ... there is a conflict with the google ads that are running on the right column! It's the reason that you're posted as a guest every once in a while. I've got a fix for it, will try to get it done tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I had some electrical problems like what you have described, and it was my body controller. Got it replaced under warranty about 3 or 4 years ago and everything has been really cool ever since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
body controller? is that a neuronet processor...a learning computer? (terminator 2) hahaha...well, under warranty..mine isn't. so where is this body controller? If I have an alarm system installed with keyless entry or just keyless entry system...will this fix?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no arnie, I was wondering if I buy a new keyless entry system/alram, will this help the locks from sticking? Will it by-pass the body controller?

·
Registered
82 Posts
A long as it does not use that body controller in any way you should be safe. I have never done that though so you might want to ask the seller of that system. I do not see how it could not use the controller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would the body controller also determinen when a vehicle's auto locking feature engaged. My tahoe locks everything up the second you turn the key. this equates to me waiting for AAA being late to work and many times, waiting, while the engine runs to have someone get me in, which this last time was almost 2 hours.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '99 tahoe with the same problem although mine seems to stick on hot days more so than cold ones. Actually my experience with this problem makes me think it is directly related. They will work in the morning, but not in the afternoon if it has been sitting in the sun. It only happens with the front doors (I have a 4 door). I also was wondering if getting a remote start system would fix it. Please let me know how you made out with the keyless entry/alarm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts