GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had a few problems with door electrics when it is very cold outside.

First time, front passenger door all buttons would not work (locks, window, seat heat). Dealer could not duplicate. Next, same problem, Dealer replaced "Door Logic Computer" whatever that is. Next, problem migrated to Driver's door. Dealer could not duplicate. Next, same problem with driver's door. Dealer replaced Door Logic Computer. Next both doors went out. Also, the security light comes on (I believe this is due to the doors not locking when placed in gear). Also, this last time, several of the warning/caution lights on the dash remained on and the "service stabilitrak" message came up on the message center.

These reset by the time I could get to the dealership (and I'm sure they will not be able to duplicate again). This is a 2006 EXT LT. Any thought would be helpful. At this point I am seriously thinking about envoking whatever Lemon Law Illinois has to offer while I still have time.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
There are currently no TSBs for anything on the 2006 EXT Trailblazer.

Don't worry about running out of lemon law. It's Federal Law called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. See here LEMON LAW INFORMATION

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have never had to invoke the "lemon law" but I did help two friends that were stuck with lemons. All it took was contacting an Attorney that specialized in Lemon Law. A letter from the Attorney was all that was needed for the dealership to take the car back and refund all monies paid. I believe the mfg paid the Attorney in both cases, so there was no out of pocket expense. Be sure to hang on to all your service invoices and documents.

One of the vehicles involved was a Pontiac mini-van with the automatic side door. It would erratically open while the van was in motion. The dealer told my friend that nobody else was having the problem. After a half dozen attempts to fix it, the owner called the attorney and subsequently received a refund.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
gremlins

Electrical Gremlins can be such a pain.

But they are sooooo Cutie.

Sorry my wife made me.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
RE: gremlins

I had a similar problem with a grand-am a few years back. After an alternator change the gremlins went off to find a new vehicle to terrorize.
Could be an intermittent bad ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts