GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 5.3L pickup...having some issues...recently the headlights started to flicker, then it went to turning my signal light whether it be left or right, when engaging my brakes and also turning my high beams on the truck would almost shut down...radio would go off, rpms would drop then go back up lights on dash would go crazy! I drove it straight to the shop they put it on their machine (or whatever the fudge they do) and it gave no codes as to something wrong so therefore they told me there was notta, nothing, zilch wrong with my truck! But it’s back....headlights are back to flickering...and I’m certain it will go wacky back to high beams turn signal brake pedal stuff again...what is a girl to do when they say nothing is wrong with your truck because no codes showed up so it is just fine? WTF? It is dangerous when it goes crazy and rpms drop lights are going wacko and I’m driving down the turnpike doing 80! Need some input guys...

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
You have to replace the underhood fuse panel.

This is a common and known fault, the GM dealership should have looked for this problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to replace the underhood fuse panel.

This is a common and known fault, the GM dealership should have looked for this problem
Thank you for the response...I’ll definitely have them look into this!! I appreciate it very, very much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2015 and started noticing my lights flickering a little bit. I have not had any other issues as you stated but just the flickering. Could the fuse panel be the issue as well? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
Not sure about the '15s, haven't heard of any problems
But, these problems will take some ageing to occur; so, the '15s could be starting to have problems.
Is you fuse panel mounted on the top of the front left fender liner?

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
I have a 2015 and started noticing my lights flickering a little bit. I have not had any other issues as you stated but just the flickering. Could the fuse panel be the issue as well? Just curious.
could be a headlight issue . some had the head lights flicker..
The Quesadillas restaurant you eat there ? that is my favorite place to go .. when I go to AZ I always go there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure about the '15s, haven't heard of any problems
But, these problems will take some ageing to occur; so, the '15s could be starting to have problems.
Is you fuse panel mounted on the top of the front left fender liner?
Yes it’s on the drivers side front. Maybe vibration issues causing the fuse or wiring to come loose? Haven’t had any other electrical issues.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
NEW GM Trucks batteries last 4-5yrs ...because they mount them on the firewall .. alternator has an ODD BALL controller..so when the battery looses it's amperage then the lights will flicker...
my 2000 silverado no flickering and my battery is mounted in front of the engine .. I get 7yrs of life on my batteries OLD GM..battery does not over heat .. some have mounted the batteries in front of the engine in your hot spot..longer life .. easy to replace/test..

·
Registered
7 Posts
could be a headlight issue . some had the head lights flicker..
The Quesadillas restaurant you eat there ? that is my favorite place to go .. when I go to AZ I always go there.
Haven’t been there but love some El Guerro Canelo

·
Registered
7 Posts
NEW GM Trucks batteries last 4-5yrs ...because they mount them on the firewall .. alternator has an ODD BALL controller..so when the battery looses it's amperage then the lights will flicker...
my 2000 silverado no flickering and my battery is mounted in front of the engine .. I get 7yrs of life on my batteries OLD GM..battery does not over heat .. some have mounted the batteries in front of the engine in your hot spot..longer life .. easy to replace/test..
I have a new battery (3 months old). I don’t think I noticed it before but hadn’t driven awhile lot at night to really notice it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
NEW GM Trucks batteries last 4-5yrs ...because they mount them on the firewall
I have 10 years on my 2010 battery mounted near the firewall. I suspect that the negative battery cable is the most likely culprit on the 15s+

Reactions: TX LIMO

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
I have a new battery (3 months old). I don’t think I noticed it before but hadn’t driven awhile lot at night to really notice it.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
since the battery was replaced tighten up the connections to battery also use a small wire brush to clean the battery cable connectors..I had my connections loosen ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2011 GMC Sierra SLE I had every Bell and chime going off and even shut off my fuel system the door locks were going up and down, I thought I had Gremlins in my truck in my electric system.... I first replaced my battery with a Optima Red top, then replaced the Mega Fuse on my positive battery post, that seem to work for about a week when it did it again I replaced the negative battery cable and it finally fixed the issues. Turns out this is a known problem and that is the fix...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts