GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just sending in my intro.

I had wanted to get another truck (after having to give up 2 earlier in life). Well the opportunity presented itself. Just picked up a nice 2005 Silverado 1500 shortbed (regular cab) with the 5.3L All I can say, it was worth the wait!!! I look forward to leaving work at the end of the day just to drive that beast.

I live in NC have 2 boys also have a GMC Envoy to go with the truck. :great:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
:sign0016: to the party. glad to hear you got a truck and like it. post up some pics cause we love pics on here

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
:sign0016:Any plans for mods? What year is the Envoy? Post some pics and show off your ride. We like 'em.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:sign0016:Any plans for mods? What year is the Envoy? Post some pics and show off your ride. We like 'em.
bought the wife a 2007 Envoy. Course now Im in debt until 2012 :gasp:

I guess the first mod would probably be exhaust. But of course I just filled my tank for the first time....20.7mpg maybe I will leave well enough alone :lol:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
HAHA thats double my milage!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I had been worried lately...reading tons of forums talking about 10mpg. I can deal with 20. or a little under. But of course I didnt by the truck for its fuel efficiency. I got tired of driving a friggin Aveo and getting passed by greyhaired grannies.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I love my trucks. I work two jobs and go to school to keep them going but I can deal with the 10 mpg. What I should mention is that my Sierra has 194K on it and my suburban has 189K. I think you have a long way to go until your fuel economy has sunk to my level.:gasp: But welcome to the site!

·
Registered
284 Posts
:sign0016: from Waxhaw, nc. Anywhere near you? Hope you have fun. Nice truck.!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
:sign0016: to the site.

20.7 MPG isn't bad, especially as the newer models keep rolling out with better mileage. My 1999 Cavalier gets 29 highway, while the new Cobalt will see 35 highway. Same goes for trucks and SUVs

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Steve to the site.

20.7 MPG isn't bad, especially as the newer models keep rolling out with better mileage. My 1999 Cavalier gets 29 highway, while the new Cobalt will see 35 highway. Same goes for trucks and SUVs
Well nice to hear you guys get great mileage, I'll just hide in the corner with my amazing 11.16.... YAY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts