GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran out of gas the other day in my 99' tahoe. ive only had it for 2 months, and never saw the light come on, and i shouldnt have let it get that low anyways. my question is, does this truck have a gas light or not. my fuel guage is weird too...when i fill up, it goues about 1/4 tank PAST FULL. and when i ran out, it had just barely reached the red part. any help?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I don't know about the fuel light but I do know that 2 of the Chevy's I own have weird fuel gauges. In my 99 sierra the needle goes beyond full when I fill up and is at half a tank when I'm empty. The Gauge in my 95 suburban constantly waves around. I wish I knew what the fix was for these problems, hopefully someone else chimes in with an answer.

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Isn't it a grounding issue or fuel level sender issue? I've got a similar problem on my sub where I suspect the tank is empty at a quarter of a tank. I've never tried to fix it because I can't stand the idea of dropping the tank, so I've just dealt with it. Any ideas are welcomed.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
There is no gas light. My Suburban does the same thing. I can go 350 miles on the indicated first half of the tank and about 150 or so on the last half.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Isn't it a grounding issue or fuel level sender issue? I've got a similar problem on my sub where I suspect the tank is empty at a quarter of a tank. I've never tried to fix it because I can't stand the idea of dropping the tank, so I've just dealt with it. Any ideas are welcomed.
YEP! That was my reasoning behind it too. :glasses:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts