GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a quick question...while putting on some headers on my truck and replacing the spark plugs i accidently clipped a sensor that was sticking out of the side of the engine and i dont know what it is and now i need to replace it. Its a 95 gmc sierra and the sensor was located right above the stock exhaust manifold on the drivers side more towards the front, and it has a single wire coming out of it. any help would be great...thanks

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
That is the engine temp sensor that is for your coolant temp on the guage cluster. you can simply replace the sensor with a new one, or repair the wire. not to sure what you damaged.

Reactions: mfleetwood

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ratchet clipped the end of it and it the plastic that holds it in broke...it still holds itself in but im not sure if i wanna leave it like that, you know how much one of those will run me?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I think about $10-$20... they are relatively cheap...

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Most parts stores like AutoZone, NAPA O'Reily's etc. should stock them. As Mike said there about $10-$20.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
It is the engine temp switch. And yes your local parts store is going to be the best and cheapest place to find one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts