GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 GMC Yukon xl 5.3 with 178,000 and a 2001 Chevy Suburban 5.3 with 186,000

First time posting, My 2004 Yukon was t-boned and I picked up the suburban with some issues but was wondering the engine swap would be compatible for full swap only differences i see Yukon is dbw and hydroboost brake system and Suburban is Dbc, I would like to do as much as a swap as possible. thanks for any advice or tips you can drop on me

·
Registered
78 Posts
It sounds like it will work fine. For the DBC-DBW, can you swap throttle bodies?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Which in you opinion would be better DBC or DBW?
Usually DBW can be a little finicky, and so can DBC. It depends if you are better at running mechanical linkage or if you are good at little fidgety electronic things. Our 07 sierras DBW went out, and we thought it was TPS. it wasn't, the control module for DBW went out. We swapped to DBC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Use the DBC setup on the 04 engine, it will work and its easier because the 01 is set up for it. Some throttle bodies have 3 bolts and some have 4 bolts to connect to the manifold. Not sure what yours has but just swap the 01 intake onto the 04 engine if they dont match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts