GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Entries For March 2008 ROTM

If you want to enter your truck for Feburary in the Ride Of The Month contest post a picture here. A couple of the newer people have had problems with picture size so if it is to big host it at photobucket.com(or any picture hosting site) and then post it; if you do not have an account at any sites and do not want to make one PM me and I will give you my email address and I will host the pictures for you. Hope to see a long list of people who want to have their ride as the RIDE OF THE MONTH!

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I have an account on "My Car Space" which I posted some pic's. I have tried to use those pic's to post here, but have had no luck. I have tired this from some other "truck" sites with the same result. I don't know what the problem is, probably "fat fingering" on my end.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Bob,
do you still have the photos on your PC that you uploaded to the other websites like the pic's in your Photoshow link? If so then I would be happy to help you get them to here if you want.

·
Registered
148 Posts
her is my truck with out cap and with the cap

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here ya go. Here's the info on the truck also.

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 4.3L V6, Automatic trans, Regular cab, short bed, 2wd. Pioneer head unit and amp, Sony Xplod sub and 4 way speakers front and rear, Flowmaster 40 Delta series muffler, 3" echo tip, AVS bug shield and vent visors, Bully Billet fuel door and door / tailgate handles, Chrome plated steel wiper blades, factory GM bed liner, BAK Procaps bed rail caps, factory 25% rear window tint, Side windows professionally tinted 35%.

Hope you like!!!

Jack

·
Registered
2,805 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
WOW!! I would love to live where you do, looks like almost all your neighbors drive Chevy trucks!!! LOL I would never have to worry about having a ford pull me out if I get stuck again... hehe. That's a sweet lookin truck you got there. What brand are your bed rails? I am thinking about adding some chrome ones to my baby.

Jack

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
My baby

Here it is guys. Hope this works. Its a '04 silverado 1500 2wd 5.3. Its got an "air-raid" cold air intake and throtle body spacer. 3" single exaust and a "power pup" programmer from bully dog. 20" " speedy" stainless steel wheels with slotted rotors, matching pads from BDDS and painted calipers. The emblem orginally came on '64 - '67 Impalas and chevells. Got it off e-bay, from a dealer in Ohio. Its set in a custom to fit SS hockey stick stripe. All the "Sivlerado ST" badges were custom done for me at the same time. The paint is stock, but it is a vey rear 2-tone combo out here. So alot of people think that its custom as well. I konw that a 5.3 is actually a 323 or somthing but come on. Thats why I picked that emblem. The 327 was a popular motor in the impalas. I still use the truck, I'll be it not as much, so a folding/removable bed cover from "top dawg" is an easy one man op. I took out the govener, when I got it up to 195kph(120 mph) it was only reving at about 4300, but my nerve stoped. Its got 3.73's so I hit 80kph in 1st and about 120kph in 2nd. God I wish it was a 5-speed! The winters out here make this thing a sucide machine so I haven't diven it mauch lately.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice work Man!
Beautiful truck:great:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sweet!! Good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here's my truck for March 2008 ROTM :party: I have the 4.3L V6 with a K&N drop-in filter, a Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler and 3" Chrome exhaust tip. Four JL Audio speakers (two in front, two in rear). Two 10" sub woofers powered by an MTX ThunderX 300XD amp all controlled by my Sony CDX-GT510 deck. The mirrors were painted white, and all exterior handles were replaced with chrome, including the chrome horizontal billet grill. It has a 15" shorty antenna that's chrome too. The 22" rims are BOSS "331" wrapped in Toyo Proxes 305/40/22. The sky lights up with my 6000k HID after market kit too. The windows were also tinted to 30%. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok, ok. I KNOW this is NOT a candidate for Feb ROTM. I just want to encourage other owners to post pics of their trucks in their everyday work-hard-and-a-lot appearance. Or maybe doing some dirty track duty. Just the way they were meant to be used. :biggrin:

Mine is a Swedish based '03 Burb Z71 4WD and I just love it. We just got ourselves a new house so the garage is full of moving stuff. That's why he has to spend some time outside in the snow.

(Below you find the cleaner side of the same car)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Everyone needs to post their rides in a new thread. ;-) That way we can look through them and quickly determine who's who when choosing the next ROTM.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Truck of the Month Entry

I'm thinking my truck would be a good candidate for one of these months; although, that slammed Silverado is pretty sweet looking.

Anyway, I'll plead my case:

Silverado Crew Cab 1500 2WD 5.3

1. 6 inch Procomp Lift + 3 inch body lift = Over compinsation (ha ha)
2. Volant Air Intake
3. Superchip (Cortex) Power Programmer
4. 3 inch Flowmaster dumped before the rear-end
5. Custom two tone paint
6. 20 inch Moto Metal Rims covered by TOYO Open Country M/T
35 X 12.5 0R 20LT Tires
7. And of course the Tinted windows.

Stereo

1. My door speakers are FOCAL K2 series
~Fronts are 6.5'
~Rear are 5.25'

2. then a custom fiberglass box
~TWO Kicker 10' L7's that push about 450watts each.

3. Subs and midrange speakers are powered by two AUDISON LRx series Amps
~1.1k which pushes about 1100 watts at a 1 ohm load
~4.1k putting just over 200 watts a channel

4. All this is fronted by a Kenwood DNX 7100
~In dash DVD/NAV
~Also connected is my 80gig Ipod stuffed with all kinds of goodies.

Dont forget the 'SEMPER FI' sticker across the top of my back window.
(although not shown in these pics)

To finish off the job I still drive it like a truck!
(in the sand and mud)

More pics of my truck can be found

@ http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=9782201&albumId=1024970

and

@ http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=9782201&albumId=1246449

Pics of my stereo and custom install can be found off this site and forum

@ http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11147

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts