GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this was just done on mine from the dealership or if all Chevy's have it...But I noticed while cleaning my TB EXT that the VIN# is etched into every window of the car. It's not really noticeable, but I hear it's a great safety feature because it makes it easy for the car to be indentified. I think I read somewhere that replacing all the windows on a car is very expensive and therefore would make someone looking to steal it move on.

I dunno...anyone else have this or consider getting it done?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I think that was an extra service that you can have registered with the local police or something like that. It's a nationwide database I think.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I check it out and my 2002 TB has the VIN number eteched into the glass. :) Hopefully that will disuade someone from jacking my ride!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fortunately I didn't pay extra for it....it was just there when I bought the car. NICE

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortunately I didn't pay extra for it....it was just there when I bought the car. NICE

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Mine was like that when I bought my vehicle as well. But, I still think it's valid for tracking purposes.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Very interesting. On the news tonight they shows the police at the local mega-mall offering this process (for free) to anyone who wanted it. They said it was a theft deterrant because if this truck is stolen and goes anywhere in the world, they will have this VIN number marked on the glass as a perm. reminder of where it came from, etc. Thought that was very interesting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts