GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2003 Silverado and was wondering what exhaust is the best for sound. My friend has a Tahoe with the same engine and just got some Flowmaster Super 50's. The sound great but I want something a bit louder. How loud are the Super 40's or should I consider a different brand. Your advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Exhaust sound is a personal thing. What you call mellow someone else may call loud. I'd would just listen to other trucks and ask the owners what exhaust there running. I like Magnaflow and Banks exhaust.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Although video distorts the sound a little, I'd recommend going to youtube or hulu or any other video site and look up your year truck and exhaust, i.e. 2003 silverado magnaflow, or 2003 silverado flowmaster. You should be able to find what sound you prefer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice! After watching some videos and going to the shop and talking to the guys there, I think I'm going to go with Super 44's with 3.5" pipes coming out the back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i just upgraded fron a dynomax to a dual magnaflow exhaust, i like the sound of the dual althought the single dynomax have almost the same sound and depth. Hope this might help a little!

·
Registered
240 Posts
The super 44 is a good rumble. I liked the magnaflow DI/DO sound personally, but its all up to what you like.

I personally would reconsider the 3.5inch dual pipes. That's way to large for your motor, your going to loose power. Too large a pipe allows the exhaust gases to cool down and expland, preventing the gases from freely exiting the system. I would go with 2.25inch or 2.5inch max.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I personally would reconsider the 3.5inch dual pipes. That's way to large for your motor, your going to loose power. Too large a pipe allows the exhaust gases to cool down and expland, preventing the gases from freely exiting the system. I would go with 2.25inch or 2.5inch max.
X2, you want the exhaust going outta there fast Cmcimino & pipes that are too big for your engines displacement & the RPMs you'll be turning, will actually hurt your performance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I need to rephrase what I said. I'm getting 3.5" tips. That won't effect it will it? It would just be the last 6 or so inches of the exhaust.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No that wont effect anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 10 series on it and it sounds great if you want anything louder than that just straight pipe it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts