GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Had this horrible screech for years on the driver side of my 4.8. Finally had some time to track it down. Found the last bolt was gone on the manifold next to #7 cylinder. Hopefully, tried to screw in a new bolt and found the rest of the old bolt was still there. Need to drill it out and use an easy-out. Very little room for a standard drill/bit. Finding 90 degree offset screw guns might get in there if I am lucky. I know I am not the first person to drill out that bolt. Any recommendations???

Secondly, while I am working on the bolt, I notice a broken water Y fitting at the bottom of the water resevoir (sp) next to the water pump where the Y sends water to the heater. Cannot find the fitting at the "normal" parts houses. Anyone know where to get a new one, GM?

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
163 Posts
If your talking about the part at the link, I don't know if you can buy the Y-fitting alone. I have only ever had my hands on the assembly.

Link to O'Reilly's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your talking about the part at the link, I don't know if you can buy the Y-fitting alone. I have only ever had my hands on the assembly.

Link to O'Reilly's
Thanks, Jacob. I found the assemblies on a few GM websites and they also appear to be complete assemblies. I will try my local Chevy dealer to see if I can just buy the Y.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts