GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to the guys at my local exhaust shop the other day about getting rid of the Y pipe and running true duals from the CATS back. I have the NBS and he said he knows that if I just go true duals I will throw a code, so I was wondering if I add something the like and X pipe or an H pipe if that will help me not throw a code. I want the sound of a true dual, and its not quite there with the Y pipe. I've done some research but I haven't found too much, and I don't want to ruin my engine!

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Adding an Xpipe is exactly what i would do. It helps to equalize the pressure, which is exactly what the motor needs. It wont sound 100% like true duals but it will be very close and you will get the real benefit with an Xpipe which is more power. Just be sure you dont go with to large of pipe since that will kill your milage, back pressure, and power.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You shouldn't throw a code as long as you keep the catalytic converter. People usually get the code when they eliminate the cats. I do believe you can get rid of the code with a DSP and there are also things called "non-foulers" so you don't throw a code when running no cats.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure I am doing the X pipe. $140 to run the true duals and build me and X pipe.... Sound like a deal or am I getting ripped off?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Deal... most shops up here charge $250 plus just or duals. Not true either.
And when i lived in Ga it was the same.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's a deal. I had a mechanic try to tell me it would take 4 hours to install my LTs because the "book" says so and the guy charges $70/hr. Needless to say, he hasn't received my business.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did it. True duals with x-pipe. Sounds like a monster! A little popping on the high end but SUPER deep. Love it!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Any video? Haven't heard a NNBS with a X-pipe yet!

·
Registered
124 Posts
second on the video, it would really help me decide on what I want to do!!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
X3 lets see a video!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill get you guys a video tomorrow! I love it. I can't stop wasting gas driving around. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts