GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 08 Silverado with the 5.3. I don't want to put a lot of money into the exhaust but I want it to be loud and sound good. Is there a cheaper muffler like $50 that anyone would recommend?? I'm not replacing the tail pipe or anything. Just the muffler. Thanks

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If your just going to do the muffler and you want something inexpensive but sound good I'd go with a flowmaster super 40. You'll probly loose a little low end, but for an extra couple of bucks you could go with a borla or magnaflow for a little less sound but a little more performance. :great:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
cherry bomb and edelbrock also have a couple worth looking at for relatively cheap

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the Flowmaster Super 44 and it's a beast. Defiantly my favorite brand of Muffler, with MagnaFlow being my second choice.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
If you visit the Flowmaster web site, you can hear a soundclip of each of their mufflers. Here is the link

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone with a 4.8 and a Flowmaster muffler? I want a good sound, but not much interior sound.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My favorite exhaust systems are Magnaflow. They usually have less drone in the cab, but sound great outside. You can buy them pretty cheap online or off e-bay.

I actually have a Dynomax Super Turbo on mine. I got the muffler free from a friend. He had it on his V6 a little over a week and went back to stock. It sounds great on my truck but does have some interior drone. I'm experimenting to see what I can do to get rid of that.

Here is a sound clip of mine. Total cost with install: $75
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-TYK3zONU

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys!!!!! I have a 08 Silverado with the 5.3. I have a flowmaster super 44, and I love it. The muffler has a great sound when on the trottle and at ideal. The thing i like about it most is on the highway, there is very little noise resonation in the cab. I replaced all the exhaust pipe with 3" from the collector all the way back. With the new oem muffler design u almost have to run new pipe when u put the flowmaster on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ended up ordering a flowmaster 40 series, it is suppose to be here today. As of right now I'm just putting it on with a turndown until I get a little more spending money saved up than I will have it finished out the back. Thanks for all of your input.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
cool man let us know about your results and maybe some pics to see how it looks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts