GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people running for thier 4.3's? I first of thought of going a cheap ebay single inlet dual outlet one, then thought that might be too much flow, so I figured id just do a muffler.

What would be the best sounding (most rumble, I hate sounding like a damn tuner car) exhaust? Single in dual out? just a muffler?

Dont feel like spending more than 200 or so.

Thanks

TY

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had single in dual out put on my truck. I dropped by the muffler shop and the guy suggested a Wicked Flow muffler because he had done this before and really thought it sounded better. I personally had never heard of this kind before but he reassured me he had done it several times. Afterwards I am actually very satisfied with the sound. It is pretty deep and sounds pretty good for a V6. Does however sound kind of mellow at certain rpms.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
so Single In Dual out, then find a Wicked Flow Muffler?

After a little bit of research, it seems those are car mufflers? sounds like alot of honda car owners use them? any chance you can get me the specifics on what model you have or anything else? any sound clip?

·
Registered
380 Posts
You can replace your stock muffler with a Flowmaster Super 44 and it will be loud. That's what I did for my little V6 and now it's like a V8 :party:

The muffler was like $70 bucks. I highly recommend Flowmaster for loud sounds. The original 40 is a little louder but the Super 44 works well for me. I kept it factory with single in/ single out.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
in high school i had a 2wd sonoma gt with a 2.8 it had one glass pack then split, it sounded awesome, very good rumble. in the lower gears but on the highway there was no drone at all, i loved it, they were just generic glass pack

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can try to get a sound clip up, but I am extremely busy this week being dead week then finals next week. Also, noon, could you get a sound clip of your truck? I am very interested in hearing what it sounds like.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have magnaflow on my 4.3 and I love the sound of it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did anyone notice any improvment or decrease in fuel mileage after changeing there muffin ??? i would like to change mine

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can anyone with recomendations try to post a sound clip?

Im thinking of going with the 50 series SUV performance

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm trying to just don't really have a lot of resources here at school. I tried to make one on my phone but it didn't turn out so great. I'll keep trying. How do I post a sound clip anyway?

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
When I had my '93 S10, I had a Flowmaster "single in-dual out" wp/2.5" pipes out the rear. It was not too loud, but did have a "drone" about 60mph. It didn't sound like a V8, but did have more powerful sound. I didn't notice any "mpg" increase, but performance seemed better (at least in my mind)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts