GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 89' Suburban with a 5.7 350... what kind of can i use to give me that really deep "muffled thunder" sound. i have thought of using aerochamber mufflers, flowmaster 40's or super 44's.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
ok i have a 89' Suburban with a 5.7 350... what kind of can i use to give me that really deep "muffled thunder" sound. i have thought of using aerochamber mufflers, flowmaster 40's or super 44's.
40's sound great at idle or under light throttle, but on the highway they can get an annoying drone to them.

I've got 50's on my Suburban that give a nice deep sound without the drone.
If I remember correctly the Aerochambers were manufactured by Flowmaster and sold as a less expensive off-brand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've made up my mind im gonna get the 50's. that is the exact sound im lookin for, rumbly and not really loud at idle unlike a glasspack which is rough at idle and really loud... thanks tb

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea.... and i just got back from a car show up at dairy queen here in wesley chapel and this guy had them on his Chevy C-10 With a 350 and they sounded immaculate.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sweet. Should make the ole burb sound nice. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts
you getting the 50 SUV version, or the delta flow 50? I can't decide. I'm going to go true dual exhaust, so want to get the best sounding and best for this config

1 - 9 of 9 Posts