GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i get long tube will i have to replace all the exhaust pipe? Is it true if u buy cheap u get cheap or is it ok go with a $200 pair of headers? What the best and cheapest place to get headers and high flow converters? What exatly does an H pipe do? What other things can i do to get hp from 1-2 rpm for not a lot of money? im on a pretty tight budget.

I know its alot of ?s but i would appreciate your answers.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If i get long tube will i have to replace all the exhaust pipe? Is it true if u buy cheap u get cheap or is it ok go with a $200 pair of headers? What the best and cheapest place to get headers and high flow converters? What exatly does an H pipe do? What other things can i do to get hp from 1-2 rpm for not a lot of money? im on a pretty tight budget.

I know its alot of ?s but i would appreciate your answers.
First off :sign0016:! Glad to have you along for the ride. Headers are a good place to start. and cheap = cheap. There are several brands, but I like Pacesetter. You want Long tubes with ceramic coating, you can find them at www.texas-speed.com $399. You can use your stock exhaust and just add a HFC . The H pipe is for true duals, along with the LT's it helps scavenge the exhaust boosting hp. As far as other mods on a budget I suggest a CAI either K&n or Voalnt. You can find the K&N and the Volant at www.autoanything.com and a custom tune from either www.nelsonperformance.com or www.gowheatley.com Nelson gets $375 with free retunes and Wheatley gets $275 but you pay for retunes. A underdrive crank pully and e-fans are other good mods. You do not have to do everything at once, do like I do. I gather parts as the funds become available. I hope this helps and do not hesitate to ask questions it is how we all learn.:great:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts