GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the thread title says it all, I have the above truck and want to replace my stock exhaust system with a better "flowing" system that does not "drone" everything out inside the truck.

The truck has a K&N Cold Air Intake system and a Superchips Vivid Programmer, Oh I no longer need to have the emissions tested on the unit here in the state of Illinois.

Again I do not want a loud system but something slightly above stock in sound would be ok.

Thanks,
Wags
99 Suburban 7.4L 4x4
K&N Cold Air Intake
Superchips Vivid Programmer

·
Registered
727 Posts
Do a cat-back exhaust with a flowmaster/magnaflow/glasss pack and dual tips (slash cut) at a 45 degree angle!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Manga flow had terrible drone in my suburban, I now have a flo-pro and very little drone just wish it was a little louder, but I only have a 1500 so can't speak about what will happen with the big block.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you wanted to go cheaper without the WHOLE cat-back...just go buy a flowmaster and cut your stock muffler out and replace it with the flowmaster....you will get a "better" sounding exhaust with out it droning out everything and cheaper on the wallet

- - - Updated - - -

But id still stick with a cat-back exhaust if money isnt an issue:great:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts