GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've got a '96 Silverado 5.7 Ext. Cab 2wd. I'm looking for either a dual exhaust with split rear exit, or one 3 inch outlet. Needs to be cat-back. Definitely want something that sounds good. And I'm kinda on a budget. Also, I can install it myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
I had a '96 Exc. Cab a few years ago. I had "true duals" installed w/Flowmasters. Had a good "performance" sound and it helped a little on gas mileage. It had a "drone" inside the cab at cruising speeds which I didn't like. I was told that Flowmaster makes a "single in- single out" for big blocks that are good for SUVs that don't have the "drone". There are a lot of good "cat back" systems out there, good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got a '96 Silverado 5.7 Ext. Cab 2wd. I'm looking for either a dual exhaust with split rear exit, or one 3 inch outlet. Needs to be cat-back. Definitely want something that sounds good. And I'm kinda on a budget. Also, I can install it myself.
If I were in your situation, I'd prefer MagnaFlow. They are showing these two options:

96-98 5.7L V-8, EC/SB, Silverado 1500, dual inlet muffler,
rear side exit, 2.5"/3" SS tubing, 4" rolled/p-SS tip 15602 $642.72

96-98 Dual Exhaust System,
5.7L V-8, EC/SB, Silverado 1500, dual split rear exit,
2.5" SS tubing, 3.5" rolled/p-SS tips 15750 $698.61

Performancecenter.com is a good place to pick either of those up at a much reduced price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow fellas, I was looking to stay under $300, preferably $200. Would I be better off getting a muffler shop to custom build me one? JcWhitney has a few for under $200, but they exit in front of the wheels, and I don't want thank.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow fellas, I was looking to stay under $300, preferably $200. Would I be better off getting a muffler shop to custom build me one? JcWhitney has a few for under $200, but they exit in front of the wheels, and I don't want thank.

Thanks
if you trying to save money your best bet would be to just get a cheaper catback you can get a flowmaster super 40 catback for a little over $300 from jegs and install yourself. but if it were me i'd just save and go ahead and put you a true dual exhaust with flowmaster super 40's. just the mufflers would cost you roughly $80+. good luck with the project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts