GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want to know comparissons on loudness and tone as well! I've looked at the muffler on my truck and it's friggin huge! lol I would like to hear the difference between the Gibson and Magnaflow kits!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Gibson and Dynomax are not loud... go magnaflow, Edelbrock, or Flowmaster 40 series if you can... sorry i have no clips but jsut going from experience ive never really heard a really loud gibson or dynomax... they dont sound bad but they are jsut not that loud especially for the price.... go with one of the other 3 i suggested

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
What are you looking for in your system? Do you want a complete system or just change out the muffler? do you have a price limit? Any future mods planned? If you can give me a little more info I can give you some options that you might like. :great:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I wanted a full exhaust system but they were all too quiet for my liking! I don't want anything too flashy and I kinda like the look of the factory exhaust. I went and baught a magnaflow resonator style muffler that's a straight-through design and I'm going to keep the stock piping in and maybe later on have an exhaust shop make it exit out the side behind the rear tire with a magnaflow 3 inch tip (like the gibson or magnaflow catbacks). I usually like going custom anyways! We'll see how it sounds and go from there! Oh I was planning on getting the stage 2 Jet Chip, intake, and possibly later supercharge it if somebody comes out with one! I want an intake really badly but the K&N kit doesn't delete the resonator!!!!!!! That thing makes the intake look unfinished, in my opinion, and outright ugly! LOL

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
let us know how it turns out!!! Magnaflow makes good stuff you should be happy

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the Flowmaster Super 44 muffler ONLY and for about $70 dollars, it sounds like I had all the piping re-done! I highly recommend Flowmaster if you want it to be loud. I believe the Original 40 series is a little bit louder though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm trying to gut the second Catalytic converter but because of all the freakin bends in the piping, Im having a hard time nocking the junk out of it! I was thinking of buying a hand operated roto-rooter since that can flex through the bends! The coat hanger crap isn't cutting it! :no: It's too flimsy! Water always seems to work the best but I live in an aparment and have no access to a water faucet and hose. I don't want to gut the manifold cat, so using water is out of the question.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 with a gutted cat in the header and it sounds really nice. I would recommend it! I will post a sound clip later tonight!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So... the exhaust sounds awesome and I just put on the intake! I modded the set-up with a 4 inch aluminum tube to delete the resonator box. This mod alone makes the intake rediculously loud and it overpowers the exhaust tone! lol
Somebody needs to make a legit resonator box delete tube that works with the stock intake along with the K&N intake!

·
Registered
34 Posts
They do have it on 04, 05, and 06 models. I believe it was something to do with the MAF change so you couldn't use the older styles, but i know a guy that makes adapters so you can use the 06 model K&N with the 07/08 MAF I wanna say they are about 60 bucks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts