GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I am going to get a new truck in about 3-4 weeks a Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 LT,
I want to have it lifted, I have two options in my area one shop in my town and one shop in a town about ten minutes from me.

I hear really good things about both guys and I don't know either myself. So my decision will have to be based on the lift itself. One guy carries and pushes Fabtech and the other carries and suggest BDS.

I am really a noob on understanding the difference, any thoughts on one being better than the other I think they are both right around the same price so why would I choose one over the other?

Thanks for your opinions
Michael

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
From my knowledge, both Fabtech and BDS make quality lifts. A friend of mine has a BDS lift on his Excursion and he is very satisfied with it. Either way you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Both are excellent kits. BDS is a more well rounded kit for the price and will allow for a better ride and turning radias. BDS also has the absolute best warranty in the business. BDS will net a little closer to 7" of actual lift, where as the Fabtech kit will net closer to 8" of total lift.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Fabtech a good kit, but I think the BDS is better.

·
Registered
318 Posts
From what I know both are great kits only have experience with the Fabtech that we installed on a friends truck the ride quality is awesome and was much better than my truck when I had Superlift kit installed on it.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Like Blackout said, the warranty is a no questions asked and BDS is 100% made in the USA!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The warranty with BDS is the best period. I believe Fabtech started out in the desert racing (score, Baja) so they make a high quality kit. As far as which shop to go with check out the work that they have done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
From those two choices, BDS. the warranty cant be beat.
i have a zone offroad lift on mine and its apparently made by BDS, everything in the kit is identical but zone charges hundreds less. 6.5 lift 1299$. I run it and love it, great handling and ride quality.
good luck with you decision!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
As long as you are not going to want to go any higher later on, go with the BDS, thats what I have and love it; however, it only drops the diff around 4 inches which means your angles are about maxed. The Fabtech drops the diff a full 6 inches so if you wanted to a 2 inch spacer to get closer to 10 inches of lift (since Fabtech is already closer to 8 inches) you could. But as everyone has said, you cant beat the warranty. If you go BDS I recommend upgraded shocks and the full leaf pack option instead of the block and AAL. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
992 Posts
As long as you are not going to want to go any higher later on, go with the BDS, thats what I have and love it; however, it only drops the diff around 4 inches which means your angles are about maxed. The Fabtech drops the diff a full 6 inches so if you wanted to a 2 inch spacer to get closer to 10 inches of lift (since Fabtech is already closer to 8 inches) you could. But as everyone has said, you cant beat the warranty. If you go BDS I recommend upgraded shocks and the full leaf pack option instead of the block and AAL. Let us know what you decide.
x2 on what he said i went with the fabtech lift due to the full 6"drop plus i had a deal of a lift time i could not turn down through my buddys shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts