GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Trailblazer and when I purchased the car the factory radio was cut out. So I rewired it so I could hook the radio back up and when I plug the factory radio back in, the display doesnt come on but the lights for the keys on the radio do and my car wont crank or start. The dash comes on but glitches and the gauges dont work. It kinda sounds like the dash keeps resetting or something. When I unplug the radio the car works just fine. It will start up and have no problems. But when plugged in nothing works.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Is it the original radio, or just the correct radio from a different truck?

And, I think I would take a 2nd, or a 3rd, look at the wiring

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the original radio, or just the correct radio from a different truck?

And, I think I would take a 2nd, or a 3rd, look at the wiring
I was told it's the radio that came with it but not sure, I looked up the part number and it says 02 03 radio but idk. And I've rewired it twice to see if did something wrong.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
OK. Probably why original radio was replaced due to issues.

Here is the wiring required for it to work.........Orange is constant 12V, yellow is switched 12V, Black is ground, Radio illumination is gray, dimmer is brown, antenna trigger is pink these are the main control wires.

tan and gray is lft front spkr, lt green/ drk green is rt front spkr, brown and yellow is left rear spkr, drk blue/light blue is rt rear spkr.

Is that how it is wired? If it is then its probably bad. I suggest you should go get an adapter kit and radio to replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Probably why original radio was replaced due to issues.

Here is the wiring required for it to work.........Orange is constant 12V, yellow is switched 12V, Black is ground, Radio illumination is gray, dimmer is brown, antenna trigger is pink these are the main control wires.

tan and gray is lft front spkr, lt green/ drk green is rt front spkr, brown and yellow is left rear spkr, drk blue/light blue is rt rear spkr.

Is that how it is wired? If it is then its probably bad. I suggest you should go get an adapter kit and radio to replace it.
And I dont have an aftermarket radio, I'm trying to use a factory radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts