GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell if my 2010 SLT Sierra 1500 came with all of the necessary factory wiring for a backup camera?

On the back of the rear view mirror's connector, the blue and white wire are present. The rear view mirror itself was replaced with one that supports the backup camera feed.

Gas Electrical wiring Wrist Thigh Cable

What I don't know is if the factory wiring under the rear bumper has everything needed to power the camera and run the camera's signal to the front, or if I'm going to have to splice into the reverse light feed to get power for the camera and then run separate wiring from the back to the front for the video signal, or are there are some wiring harness adapters that will handle the power and video so I'm not splicing and running cable. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
We'll, there are wireless units.
I have an '09 LTZ, the camera was factory standard, I would think the SLT (both were top-of-the-line in '10) would also have the camera standard.

What radio do you have?

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Ok, the display should be in the mirror.
I think the wiring should be there.
Do you have a camera in the tailgate handle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added a rear view mirror with the backup display. The one that came with it didn't have that, but the wiring did include the white and blue wires for video.

I do not have the tailgate handle camera, and there's no wiring going into the tailgate.

I don't see any open connectors under the tailgate/bummer. But that's what I'm looking for -- something I can plug a camera into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts