GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new fan clutch and was wanting to know what would be a good replacement.

I'm looking at the Hayden "Severe Duty Thermal" any good?

·
Registered
14 Posts
In a Clutch

Doc I don't know about the Hayden but back in the day when I used clutch fans I always used 4 Seasons brand and never had any trouble, I think they even have a warranty !:great:

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doc I don't know about the Hayden but back in the day when I used clutch fans I always used 4 Seasons brand and never had any trouble, I think they even have a warranty !:great:

Thanks for the reply!

I started looking around and found out Four Seasons is owner of Hayden and Imperial is repackaged Haydens LOL!

So I ordered the sever duty Hayden has the same stock # as the imperial just 10 bucks less.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

I started looking around and found out Four Seasons is owner of Hayden and Imperial is repackaged Haydens LOL!

So I ordered the sever duty Hayden has the same stock # as the imperial just 10 bucks less.
I've only changed one fan in my whole life, so I'm no help. But nice score on the good deal. :he:

·
Registered
14 Posts
4 Seasons good deal

Sounds great Doc, yeah back in the day I sold 4 seasons for A-1 auto Supply and we carried the 4 Season clutch fans, water necks, A/C hoses, dryer kits and compressors they were a great brand I'll have to write that Imperial and Hayden info down in my book that's good to know, A lot of companys make lower quality and repackage under other names, filter and brake part companies are notorious for that ! Glad you got a good one, I always sold more parts to people because of quality than I did any thing else. Because I'd rather have a part I can count on than one that might make it !!!:yipi: :great:

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sounds great Doc, yeah back in the day I sold 4 seasons for A-1 auto Supply and we carried the 4 Season clutch fans, water necks, A/C hoses, dryer kits and compressors they were a great brand I'll have to write that Imperial and Hayden info down in my book that's good to know, A lot of companys make lower quality and repackage under other names, filter and brake part companies are notorious for that ! Glad you got a good one, I always sold more parts to people because of quality than I did any thing else. Because I'd rather have a part I can count on than one that might make it !!!:yipi: :great:

I think its a regional thing with the names maybe but as long as it good quality I dont care what the call then LOL!

"I have the new benihana brand fan my truck!"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Thermal FC is the way to go. Later model GM's use an electronic FC. Just one more thing to go haywire on you! Of course you could save a few HP and go with an electric fan. Hayden has some great EF's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts