GM Truck Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iv got a smaller problem , the voltmerer gauge is not shoving the right value .. OR does it ?? i dont know if it is the meter or yust a coorosve pickup point for the voltmeter . i dosent have any batteryproblems and the alternator is running fine , iv got this problems seens the truck was yust 2 years old and had run 2500 europian miles . the meter is usally showing a lower value then whats in the system and on the poles at the battery are am working as a mekanic and have electrick problems as a speciallety so therefor it feels quite "odd" to let my wife run around in my old 95 burb with this messing meter .. at a start i need to find out WHERE does it pickup the voltage and on what wire ( and what colour does it have ) .. is that wire even feed something else ? i has yust the chilton manual and they dont list the scematichs that fine so i can find out what way the power runs so PLEASE anyone give me a hint !

,,,,, //Ake

·
Registered
52 Posts
RE: feeding point ?

hahaha i too have this problem. but since i have more impotant things to fix on my burb, this is a few ways down on my list to fix.

good luck. sorry if i did not help any.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank´s steve but that dident help me out . if u look u see that they aint has any voltmeter on this scematics yust the pure simple "how it works on all cars" system solution ,, and here i can offer a small hint ,, if your controllamp in the cluster dosent light up when u turn the key your alternator dosent start charging your battery , that lamp MUST always work if u want something out of your alternator ,, well steve if u take a closer look u will only find the controllamp here i need ths curit for the voltmeter , and yes its for the 95 K burb

·
Registered
2,630 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
qeee THANK´s it seems like the use the same cluster in a diesel as in a petrol truck .. or do u have another scematick of a petroltruck ?
il think it´s simular so i´l got something to search into ,, and according to this scematic the problem is a "internal" affair .
the feeding of the meter is done by the same power as it used to feed the clusterlamps and they dont dim down when the meter is low
so either the meter is the "crock" or some connections between the motherbourd and the meter ..
and sorry PATRIC i did read alittle to fast last time ( did thank steve )
well steve il got to thank for this oppertunety of this bourd so he can get a thank´s also ;-) but in this speciffic topic u are my hero :-:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.