GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to get some after market fender flares for my 2015 silverado crew cab short bed. I like the pocket style that have the fake rivet things on them. I can find them cheap all over the place but they arent painted to match without spending big $$ at bushwacker. Can I buy some of the paintable ones and paint them myself with duplicolor perfect match? My truck is white diamond tricoat u800j.

Also for recommendations on flares I WILL NOT drill into the truck. I want to be able to remove them and have it look factory with no damage.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes you can paint them. Lots of folks do. Pay attention to how they attach to the truck... is it 3M tape or Plastic snaps that match the fender liner holes? Anything that adheres directly to the truck or has no cushion barrier are cheap and easy to install but can cause damage in the long run. That’s why Bushwhackers are more expensive. They cover both of those bases (no direct adhesion, has cushion And moisture barrier) and make a quality product.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
White Diamond Tri-coat is very hard to make look good. That is why the painted ones are so expensive. My Escalade is that color. I can have the entire thing painted a normal color cheaper than I can get the front clip painted after repairing it. I'll be going with a different color!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts