GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

after years of wanting a 'burb I managed to find a US serviceman willing to sell before he finished his tour.

So just bought a 2003 Gold 1500LT - great condition - bar the normal steering clunk !! - but thats just a few hours away from being cured with a replacement shaft.

I've got 3 children and we used the truck to drive half way down France in the Summer - 15 hours in a smaller car would have caused a mini-war in the back.....what a difference space makes.

Only downside is, of course, the MPG's as the gas price over here is now around $8.80 - so going from empty to full in a gas station hurts.

Plans for the truck include reversing sensors for the front and rear, a camera and later to put extra video screens in the headrests.

tata for now from the land of Royals, cream teas and castles,

Julian

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Welcome aboard, Guvna! Sound like a sweet truck. My family is from Manchester myself.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club!:great:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Welcome to the site!! How about a picture of that Burb in front of one of those castles you mentioned?

·
Registered
284 Posts
:sign0016: From North Carolina, USA.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome, wow,that is a small fortune to fill the tank. There is a Hypertech unit out to help with fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome aboard. You're right about the space.We are going to use ours as an evacuation vehicle(3 adults,1-2 dogs,4-5 cats-lotta stuff) (NewOrleans),and a summer road trip vehicle.We take a 3300 mile (roundtrip) road trip every summer(when we have the $$).The Suburban will make it a lot easier,since we travel with a long legged dog,and we sleep in the back(30 hours one way) to save motel $$.
You can fit a big mattress-air or otherwise back there.
Your gas is >$8.I shouldn't bitch about $2.93/gal then.
Luck,
Charlie

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
:sign0016:welcome to the site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts