GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Chevy 1500
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Names Russell. I just bought a 96 Chevy C1500. It's a total POS junked out bad. I am gonna do a complete custom build. I have little to no mechanical knowledge and I have never built a vehicle from ground up, but I am super excited to do so. Like my best buddy says "we will either build it or blow it up, one way or another its gonna be a helluva show". I would greatly appreciate any and all guidance on everything especially tips and tricks to remove rust and choosing the right parts to match up with the engine and trans (which I have not yet selected). I have already picked an engine, 454, and looking at the rest of it. c-notch frame, dual exhaust, custom interior, paint job, etc. I plan to give myself 2 years to be done. Well....that's about it.

Thanks,
Russell

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Rust never sleeps. I weld in new sheet metal with proper undercoating etc. Are you going Auto trans or manual shift. Depending on how you modify that 454 you will need to match the trans to horse power too. Don't forget about the rear axle ability to handle the HP as well as torque requirements. This project will get expensive. Good luck with your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts