GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished my computer chair and would like some help. the chair is a 84 fiero bucket seat attached to a regular chair base and has reclineing capabilitys. but i need some suggestions on how to hook speakers up to my computer speaker output, at a resonable price. i thought of wireless headphones, useing the headphones as the reciever for the speakers in the seat. anyone got any ideas?also how the hell do i post a picture of this?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I don't have any suggestions on this. But I think that I speak for everyone when I say that I want to see a picture of this when it's done. :)

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is done and i'm sitting in it as i type. it is usable just the speakers arenot working as of yet because the wife doesnt want wires going from the chair to computer.
again how do i post a pic?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
You can get bluetooth wireless speakers. Bluetooth is the PWAN (Personal Wireless Area Network). It should go like 10-20 feet wirelessly with no problem.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
To post a picture:

Click the Reply button. Don't use the quick reply box.

Enter the URL where the picture is located. Highlight it. Then click the Img button.

http://www.stevebluhm.com/prestonc-250.gif

"
"

"img]http://www.stevebluhm.com/prestonc-250.gif[/img]

Just like that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Man that sounds like a cool project, Bluetooth or IR is probably the only choice you'll have to avoid the wires. Can't wait to see it. If you continue to have photo problems you can email it to me and I will post it on my site for you.

G

·
0 Posts
You could go bluetooth, or IR. Probably better off with bluetooth since IR can be interupted/blocked. I did something similar once, but tried it with the wired speakers (too cheap to invest in wireless). Believe me, your wife has the right idea. Those wires are a real hassle, and there's a better chance of you slicing, crushing, destroying the wires. Never mind the possible trip hazard. I would check the local Radioshack for a wireless headset. Probably the least expensive way to go.

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&category_name=CTLG_007_003_006_000&Page=1

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a set of old 900 mhz headphones in a box from when they first came out but they dont work anymore so i'm looking into a new set. i really don't need a set of speakers they are in the seat already, came that way on the 84 fieros. RF for the distance i want should be more than enuf just wonder if the headphones will have enuf power to run the origanal 3.5" pair of speakers in the headrest? what do you think? still working on pics.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK Steve i tried but i cant get pics up so i'm sending them to you by email i hope that works. i have a hard time sending pics on my email address.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for posting them for me now all i have to do is hook up speakers and i'll be happy. and yes it is comfy, love the reclining.

G

·
0 Posts
Wow! That looks like it's meant to be a computer chair. Nice work!!!

So had you considered making and selling them?
If you do, let me know how much...

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i did think of makeing them for sale but it was just to simple. a regular computer cair bottom, a 15"X15" peice of steel and and 14 hole in the right spots. 4 to mount steel to chair base, 4 to mount seat to plate, and 3 for each arm, but i did cheat i welded the arms onto the plate got tired of drilling holes.
but the fiero seat does also recline, and i got that for free out of my parts car for my 86 SE, the base was $50 and if i had to buy the seat it would run around $100, plus the peace of steel plate. so in all honesty i would probaly have to get at least $200 just to brake even.
and that doesnt include hooking up the speakers.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, not exactly a money-making program. They can make these new chairs that you have to throw away every 3 years for like $25 in a sweat shop in China.

Fiero, have you ever seen the Red Green show? :p

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no cant say i have. what is it about?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
The Red Green show is a PBS show (I think it's canadian actually) where the main character is a guy named Red Green. Anyhow, his motto is "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!".

Red's purpose is to salvage pieces from cars and use them for a different purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya know i see it. i think i caught it once when the wife was out of town. i like his ideas thos .
"duck tape the handymans secret weapon"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts