GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

I am looking for some ideas as where to mount a small fire extinguisher (about 10 inches tall and 2.5 inches in diameter). The only place I can come up with which is out of the way is to fab a bracket which would put it at the front bottom edge of the driver's seat.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

KG4SDP

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have under the back seat on the sude of GM tool box

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have one that is larger than that mounted up against the front of the driver's seat and it works great and is out of the way.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
On the older 80s Suburbans, there should be enough space between the conter console and the drivers seat to fit it. On the newer suburbans, I would think you could do something similar, but I can't recall the layout of the interior well enough to tell for sure.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I don't carry a fire extinguisher and I probably should since I had the experience of a engine fire that was a total loss. For work I carry a 20lb CO2 cylinder. I use it for everything from clearing filters and condensers to airing up the tires after an off road excursion. I guess I could use it as a fire extinguisher too. If I did carry one in the burb I would mount it in the rear near the spare tire. I pretty sure it wouldn't have helped with my engine fire as it went to a three alarmer in seconds.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Actually, there's a real nice place to put a small vehicle extinguisher in the back left. There's a storage bin with a flip up door above the subwoofer (not the tool area). I put a small vehicle extinguisher in there (didn't even have to mount it). It lays in there nicely and I've never heard it shifting around (I left the mount on it so it lays flat, just didn't drill it in). It may or may not be the best place to put it, but at least it doesn't take up any additional room.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
judging from his original proposed location, he wants/needs it close to the driver seat, but that sounds like a great place to store one regardless... I still need to put an exinguisher in my truck and one in my car, just haven't gotten around to it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts