GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I Have A 1996 Chev C~1500 Technically It's Considered A 97 Because iIt Was Made In December Of 1996. Anyway So My Truck Will Turn Over Just Won't Start After It's Already Been Started Once It Should Start Back Up Like Normal I Thought It Was Fuel Filter So I Changed That And It Was Fine Now It's Acting Up Again So I Changed The MAP Sensor The MAF Sensor Throttle Body Gasket The Plugs And Wires I Bought A Fuel Pump Even Though Mine Sounds Okay I Bought Fuel Pressure Sensor But Would Need To Take Fuel Pump Out To Put That On Plus New Pump Comes With One And I Bought A EGR Sensor Haven't Installed That Yet. I'm Looking To See If Someone Can Help Me Out First With Any Suggestions? I Would Greatly Appreciate Any Assistance/Answers. 🙏

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm confused, do you know what your fuel pressure is with KOEO? It s/b ~60PSI. After you turn off the key, how long does it hold pressure? There's a schrader valve test port on the driver's side near the distributor. You can Google how to test fuel pressure on a Vortec engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts